This Week in Sleep News, April 8 - April 14 (click link to access entire curation)
- Bright Schools Competition™ names 50 middle-school teams as national finalists in competition exploring light and sleep and how this relationship affects student health and performance.
- Casper hosts first ever Sleep Symposium, featuring Arianna Huffington and others, in NYC.
- Wake Up Narcolepsy surpassed $50,000 fundraising goal, hopes to reach $60,ooo by Sunday, in time for the Boston Marathon. #TEAMWUN
- South Korean insomnia drug market grows due to demand
- Dentists may be the best people to identify and help you deal with sleep apnea
- Commercial drivers hide their sleep disorders while still posing major risks along American roads
- Should you stay in bed if you can't sleep? Good question.
- One insomniac artist decided not to, and made a dress out of prescription labels for Ambien.
- If we let our teens sleep in, less people will die. True story.
- Bin Laden's assassin came home with PTSD and no decent way to treat it, so it's no surprise he's got a DUI on his record.
- Did you know... Insomniac brains are wired differently
- Our seniors need their sleep; if they're sleepy during the day, it's a tip off that they aren't getting good sleep at night
- South African leader probably needs to get rid of sleep debt to be effective, says specialist
- Obesity is caused by sleep deprivation, which is now America's #1 health crisis; want to lose weight? Get some sleep!
- Paraplegic victim of drowsy driver asks judge to show mercy on offender
- Is a breathable mattress going to be the cure for SIDS?
- Narcoleptic teacher uses sleep disorder as excuse to harrass kids, gets "sacked"
- Surgical installation of a neurostimulation device may be the only way some people will be able to sleep if they have severe OSA and can't tolerate CPAP
- Truck drivers hate their CPAP machines, but they still need them to keep their jobs and avoid drowsy driving negligence on the road
- Take your pick: if you have the two most common sleep disorders--sleep apnea or insomnia--you are going to have increased risk for workplace injury
- Optometrists join dentists and EENT specialists in calling out evidence of sleep disorders that other doctors may be missing
- Opioid users, you are messing with your brain's sleep regulation system every time you pop an oxy
- Six sleep obstacles for people with neurological disorders are given a closer look
- No, sleepy nun, that Ambien you took that led to your DUI and forgotten trip to NJ is nothing to smile about
- Magnesium is a sleep helper: just make sure you take it properly
- Why do we admire people like James Franco who are in such public denial about their sleep disorders?
- Do you have crazy dreams when you take melatonin?
And much more, now at our This Week in Sleep News dedicated site! Click the link below: